Skip to content
Narrow screen resolution Wide screen resolution Auto adjust screen size Increase font size Decrease font size Default font size default color grey color

| 
VNOI - Olympic tin học Việt Nam

Điểm tin VOJ

Số thành viên:6040
Số bài tập:1001
Số bài nộp:722923
Bài nộp hôm nay:0

Top 10 thành viên xuất sắc

HạngThành viênĐiểm
1mr_invincible587.9
2white_cobra418.6
3hieult403.4
4phaleq384.0
5vodanh9x368.2
6con_nha_ngheo352.0
7flash_mt350.2
8darksabers349.8
9yenthanh132345.3
10rockman9x_94343.1

Danh tiếng các thành viên

HạngThành viênĐiểm
1mr_invincible+213
2conankudo+149
3khuc_tuan+137
4tuananhnb93+129
5khanhptnk+108
6hphong+103
7flash_mt+99
8paulmcvn+71
9technolt+70
10hoangle+63

Topcoder Vietnam

HạngThành viênĐiểm
Diễn đàn
Forum
Trả lời: Co hoi thuc tap va lam viec tai Facebook (1 đang xem) ,(1) Khách
Bài viết dưới cùng Gửi trả lời Được ưa thích: 0
CHỦ ĐỀ - Trả lời: Co hoi thuc tap va lam viec tai Facebook
mhung (Admin)
mhung+12
Admin
Bài viết: 317
graphgraph
Thành viên gián tuyến Click vào đây để xem thông tin về thành viên này
Co hoi thuc tap va lam viec tai Facebook 9 năm, 7 tháng trước   (+9)
Hi guys,

In case you don't know it, VNOI is pleased to have 3 admins doing internship at Facebook this summer (mhung, walrus (Duc), hoanhtien) . Combined with the success of admin khuc_tuan at the Facebook Hackercup recently, Facebook has recognized Vietnamese as a source of talents and it is showing great interest in Vietnamese students for potential hiring targets. Through her own research, my recruiter has found VNOI a place many excellent students gather (now you should be proud of our site!). She is asking me to refer the best members to apply for Facebook for internship and / or full-time employment.

Let me tell you how good this opportunity is. It is Facebook! It is one of the biggest tech company in the world at the moment! You'll enjoy an internship salary that's higher than you can ever imagine. Yes, it's higher than the number you're thinking about. Facebook will fly you to here, provide you housing and transportation. Free food at the company on weekdays. It gives you everything. And the working environment is just great. You'll meet the best engineers here! (Oh and the weather in California is perfect!)

Sounds amazing. The question is how to apply?

Prerequisite: Excellent programming ability. However, you don't need specific skill in any programming language or platform. We need smart people, not coding monkey. (I guess it's better if you know C++ though). Otherwise I guess you can write pseudo-code in the interview. (You'll need to code during the interview, will come to this point later). And since the interview will be in English, you should have reasonable English speaking skill as well.

The interview: There will be 2-3 rounds of technical interviews. You'll need to solve some programming problems in real time, explain the solutions and code them out during the interview. Programming language of choice (or pseudo-code). Questions type are similar to questions in programming contests. They will be much simpler though, since you only have about 15 minutes to solve each them.

How to apply:
Generally, you can follow the below process:
1. Find more information and Submit your CV through this website: http://www.facebook.com/careers/university.php (currently there's no opening for software engineering interns, but you should find it there often than not).
2. Solve the puzzles at http://www.facebook.com/careers/puzzles.php. They use the puzzles to filter out applicants.
3. Waiting for Facebook recruiter to contact you.

In this case, you can ask me or Duc to refer you. If so you should automatically pass some filter rounds and get contacted for interviews. But we don't refer random people; you need to prove that you're worth referring. How? Showing your record of programming experience (results in USACO contest, Topcoder rating, ket qua thi quoc gia, quoc te, problems solved in VNOI and other programming sites). I suggest you go through the puzzles in Facebook's career site as well!
You can contact me via Y!M at hung.doan32 or hdoan741 [at] gmail.com.

When to apply: anytime! As soon as possible! I'd say the whole process takes around 1.5 - 2 months. If you get accepted, you will need sometimes to apply for visa and prepare as well! Start preparing now.

How difficult is it? I'd say it's difficult, especially under interview pressure. But it's not impossible. We've done that. If you have solved a lot of programming problems, do well in USACO (say in silver or gold divison), etc. you should be fine. (Provided you have reasonable speaking ability).

Why am I doing this? It's just an awesome opportunity that I think I must share with you all! We don't get money from referring interns (which most of you would apply for). I want to support / boost the informatics learning community in Vietnam as well. You don't usually have this kind of opportunity if you study other subjects!

If you know anyone (not in VNOI) who's interested in interning / working at Facebook, feel free to refer to me (as long as the person is talented.)

All the best,
Hung Doan

P/S: I'm using a lot of flattered words here in this post. Don't trust them all =P Know yourself.

Đã lưu IP Đã lưu IP  
  Đã khóa chức năng gửi bài.
Heo mập (Admin)
phaleq+44
Admin
Bài viết: 680
graphgraph
Trả lời: Co hoi thuc tap va lam viec tai Facebook 9 năm, 7 tháng trước   (+0)
Thanks bro

Đã lưu IP Đã lưu IP  
mhung (Admin)
mhung+12
Admin
graphgraph
Trả lời: Co hoi thuc tap va lam viec tai Facebook 9 năm, 7 tháng trước   (+1)
To give some head start, the recruiter was looking at the result of USACO Jan 10. The top 4 ppl should feel free to contact me = )
http://vnoi.info/index.php?option=com_voj&task=viewUsacoContest&contest=JAN10&division=SILVER

If you have any questions, I'd love to answer them = )

Đã lưu IP Đã lưu IP  
lightning31 (Thành viên)
lightning31
Nhắm mắt code không bug
Bài viết: 168
graphgraph
What a great opportunity! Thanks admins for bringing this to VNOI members

Đã lưu IP Đã lưu IP  
nkkidokid (Thành viên)
nkkidokid-
Nhắm mắt code không bug
Bài viết: 140
graphgraph
Trả lời: Co hoi thuc tap va lam viec tai Facebook 9 năm, 7 tháng trước   (-1)
why's "results in USACO contest, Topcoder rating, ket qua thi quoc gia, quoc te, problems solved in VNOI and other programming sites"

however, thank ya so much

Đã lưu IP Đã lưu IP  
pirate (Admin)
khanhptnk+108
Admin
Bài viết: 868
graphgraph
How long does an internship last? Can we begin at anytime of the year?

Đã lưu IP Đã lưu IP  
R_R_ (Admin)
mr_invincible+213
Admin
Bài viết: 745
graphgraph
mhung viết:
QUOTE:

In this case, you can ask me or Duc to refer you. If so you should automatically pass some filter rounds and get contacted for interviews. But we don't refer random people; you need to prove that you're worth referring. How? Showing your record of programming experience (results in USACO contest, Topcoder rating, ket qua thi quoc gia, quoc te, problems solved in VNOI and other programming sites). I suggest you go through the puzzles in Facebook's career site as well!
You can contact me via Y!M at hung.doan32 or hdoan741 [at] gmail.com.

Can you refer me at any time or just during your internship at facebook? I mean I was thinking of applying for internship at facebook next summer (so normally I have to start preparing a couple of months before that?). Could you refer me then?

Đã lưu IP Đã lưu IP  
minhduc (Admin)
paulmcvn+71
Admin
Bài viết: 1288
graphgraph
Thành viên đang truy cập Click vào đây để xem thông tin về thành viên này
Trả lời: Co hoi thuc tap va lam viec tai Facebook 9 năm, 7 tháng trước   (+1)
@Khanh: You can start anytime in the year, typically an internship is 12 weeks

@Trung: You can send me your CV, we'll update to facebook database with a note that you'll ready for apply next summer. For next summer internship you can start applying as early as from September.

Đã lưu IP Đã lưu IP  
mhung (Admin)
mhung+12
Admin
graphgraph
Phan lon cac em se target internship vao he nam sau, nhu vay thoi gian apply phu hop la khoang thang 10-11 nam nay. Bon anh refer luc nao cung dc. Nhung neu tien em send luon bay gio di. Anh thong bao bay gio chu yeu la de bon em co thoi gian chuan bi. Neu den thang 10 moi thong bao thi chac ai cung lac dau` ngao ngan mat =P

Đã lưu IP Đã lưu IP  
harry_porter_777 (Thành viên)
Đã code là AC
Bài viết: 90
graphgraph
Trả lời: Co hoi thuc tap va lam viec tai Facebook 9 năm, 6 tháng trước   (+0)
yes! thanks you !

Đã lưu IP Đã lưu IP  
Bài viết trên cùng Gửi trả lời